skip to main |
skip to sidebar
More gardening!
The long hot spell continues. I wonder if this is summer? We’re making the most of it just in case! This week I’ve planted up the greenhouse and sown another batch of salad leaves to stagger the harvest. One afternoon D moved the caravan so that he could mow the long grass and (oh dear!) Japanese knot weed beginning to encroach on our back lane parking space. He’s also cut down three more self seeded saplings (logs for the winter!) which were growing in the wrong place (ie too close to walls and foundations). I’ve been clearing the brambles from more of the neglected beds and tonight we’ve had another big bonfire to clear the debris. We’re taking back the garden slowly and have to look back at last year’s photos to remind ourselves how far we’ve come. Plants which didn't flower at all last year are bursting with blossom and perfume this year so we must be doing something right!
No comments:
Post a Comment